Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Presentation numero uno

Today marks the beginning of what I like to consider a year-long venture of presentations and cross-cultural connections.  After enjoying a fabulous lunch of one of the best slices of roast beef I've had in a while, I presented to the my host club, the Jackson Noon Club, on my scholarship and plans for the future.  I'd like to think that I wowed them all with my excellent speaking ability, humorous stories and witty responses, but more than anything I realized that I've got a ways to go before anyone is calling me to speak at graduation.  Thankfully I've got another 20ish presentations to give over the next year, plus a lifetime to learn.

For those who are interested in applying for this scholarship, go to the link in my previous post to look into the application process and contact your local rotary club immediately to see if there is scholarship fund availability for the 2012-2013 academic-year.  You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment